Sunday, August 5, 2012

This Week's Challenge

In the three weeks since I started this journey, work has been slow. I've only been out one day a week, and the typing resulting from that could be done in a couple hours.


However, mine is a feast-or-famine job, and the feast is hitting this coming week.


Three - possibly four - days this week I'll be out working, and scurrying in between times to transcribe what I record. Two of those days will include trips out of town...at least an hour away...covering lunch both days and possibly even dinnertime on one of them.


I'm not sure when or how I'll get my walking done. My days are going to start early, so there won't be time to do it before I go to work. (Unless I get up and out to the trail by 6:00 or 6:30, and I am NOT a morning person!) I'll have to be doing it later in the afternoon or evening, after it's hot, and I'm tired, and trying to think about fixing supper, and life has had a chance to generally take control of my day.


More than that, eating is going to be a challenge. Again, McD's is my favorite place to hit when I'm out of town for work. It's fast, it's easy, I can eat and drive, and I can almost always find one no matter what town I'm in. But the "#2 large" (around here, that's the two single cheeseburgers, large fries, large drink) isn't going to cut it anymore. And I can't very well get a salad to-go - that could cause all KINDS of messes. 


Yeah, I'm starting to feel some anxiety about this. So if anyone has suggestions about where I can go to grab a quick bite, or other options for drive-and-eat food, I'd love to hear them. Please.

3 comments:

  1. You won't see it on the menu, but you can order an "All American Meal" - burger or cheeseburger - and get, essentially, a happy meal without the toy. Interestingly, it's also the *original* size burger and fries that McDonalds sold :-) You can also get a burger without a bun from almost any drive thru place. Last time I did that from Wendy's, it came in one of their salad pods with a fork :-)

    You could also, when you're *not* hungry, look at the online menus for the various fast food places and figure out, ahead of time, what to order.

    You can do this. Just takes a little planning :-)

    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make yourself a sack lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My suggestion is this concept: http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com/2011/10/salad-in-a-jar-src/

    http://karenknichols.blogspot.ca/2012/02/mason-jar-salads.html
    I think having a salad contained in a jar would be a lot less messy than those flimsy plastic things they give you at the drive through.

    Or, when all else fails, Subway. With Subway you can pack on a ton of veggies and eat it on the go.

    ReplyDelete