Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's the Little Things - 3

For those who don't know, I help run a couple of Facebook groups that are, essentially, online yard sales. Therefore, I see pretty much everything that gets posted for sale.

Last spring, someone had a Colts jersey for sale. 

Now, I had realized a few years ago - when we redecorated our downstairs half-bath in Colts stuff and painted a bunch of the players' numbers on the wall - that Jeff Saturday's number was the same as my birthyear (63).

But until I saw this jersey posted online, it had not occurred to me that Jeff Saturday's jersey was 63.

Not only was I born in '63, but I was also born on a Saturday.

And I had to have that shirt. That combination was just too good to pass up.

So, my sweet hubby got it for me. And I tried it on. And it was...well...snug. Uncomfortably snug. And since it was for sale through a yard sale group, it wasn't like I could take it back for the next larger size.

(And since Jeff is no longer a Colt, I can't even get this combination anymore in ANY size.)

So I sighed, took my Saturday 63 shirt, put it on a hanger, and put it in the closet, figuring I'd never really get to wear it. I could wear it, but it wasn't comfortable and I knew that I wouldn't be putting it on again. Maybe I could save it and it would be a collector's item someday and my grandson would wear it or something.

Well, today the Colts played. And, you know, just to see what would happen, I pulled the jersey out...

...put it on...

...and could BREATHE in it! It fits really nicely. I can wear it, and move, and breathe, and not be embarrassed about how it stretches over my stomach. I get to wear my Saturday 63 jersey!




5 comments:

  1. Great job sister!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!!! I know that must feel great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a non-scale victory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that is awesome.....now don't be surprised when in another month it hangs on u very loosely!!!! We can start looking now for a size smaller....
    I'm so proud of you...hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete