Saturday, February 16, 2013

B-day

Maybe it's silly for "someone my age" to get excited about a birthday.

If so, then I'm silly.

This is the day that has been my target for the last seven months. Marked on the calendar. Circled in red.

So yes, today I will be silly.

I will be silly. And giddy. And excited. And nervous. And elated.

I will let people spoil me. And if they don't, I'll spoil myself.

Tomorrow starts my second half-century, and I'm ready to take it on.

I still have a little bit of work to do. There's still that dogged five pounds that I still need to lose. I've lost some of my conditioning over the winter, and I need to get it back. I need to get my distance up to half-marathon standards at a pace that won't get me picked up by the train for stragglers.

But I can start on that tomorrow.

Today, I turn 50...and I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my friend. How wonderful that you had the wherewithal to plan this journey and the guts (or loss thereof ) to carry it out. You are truly amazing. Happy, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete