Tuesday, January 29, 2013

She's Baaa-aaaack!

Whoo-WHEE!!!!

Sandi got the OK yesterday to be able to get out and run again. And last night she was texting me and setting up a time to get out this morning - even though it was supposed to rain all night last night.

"Let's do 12 miles!" said she.
"You've not done anything for TWO months!" said I.
"It'll be FUN!" said she. (That's one of her favorite things to say when I start whining.)
"We'll see" said I. (That's what I usually say when she says it'll be fun.)

We ended up doing 6.25 miles, and she KICKED MY BUTT!!!!!

I don't know what she was doing those two months that she was sick and sidelined. I think she must've been doing some kind of super-secret at-home training or something. ;) But the Drill Instructor must've kicked in this morning or something, because I was having to hustle to keep up with her. I was breathing hard, and now - 12 hours after getting home - my legs hurt.

Ahhhh, it's good to have my Sandi back. :D  Now I know I'll be ready for the mini in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment